A safe place for our dogs.
The park opened in August of 2014 and a Community Group was formed in 2015 at the request of the city. We work hard to ensure a safe and clean environment for our furry friends to socialize off leash. We maintain the park and seek improvements through fundraising and networking with the dog friendly community in Chicago.
This Chicago Park District Dog Friendly Area is located in the West Loop neighborhood across from Skinner Park, on W. Monroe Street (between Throop and Loomis).
What We PROVIDE WITH DONATED FUNDS
- Pick-up of left behind poop and trash.
- Dog-friendly cleaning products used to sanitize benches, water fountains, and turf.
- Power-washing of turf, canopies, and concrete walkway (including between cracks where dog hair builds up).
- Leaf and snow removal.
- Repairs of entrance/exit gates, fences, canopies, water fountains, water hose, etc.
- Tree removal and replacement.
- Pea gravel replacement.
- Waste management.